Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gluten Free Treats in Larchmont Village, Los Angeles



When I saw the sandwich board on the sidewalk outside of The Larchmont Bungalow today I nearly fell over. It read "Gluten Free Desserts" and something about a new vegan menu. Of course I had to run in and check out the glass encased sweets.


I stood there on the wide plank wooden floor of this fabulous eatery that screams seaside village joint on Cape Cod. I peered into the dessert case to find creamy white frosted cupcakes with bright pink and yellow sprinkles on them next to a sign reading "Gluten Free Cupcakes". That was fine but not nearly as decadent and tempting as the mini chocolate bundt cakes situated to their immediate right. Oh, now you're talking.


So were they any good? What was the texture like? The flavor? Ok, you're going to think I'm a seriously lame blogger when I tell you that I did not order either of the aforementioned treats. I was just way to sugared out from Christmas and my own sickeningly delicious chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies to try something new.


The point is, and I do have a good one, THERE ARE GLUTEN FREE DESSERTS IN LARCHMONT!!! Go try them for yourself and see what you think.

For information on living a Delicious and Healthy Life, check out my website at http://www.deliciousandhealthy.com/


To get one of my books, now available in Whole Foods Markets in the Los Angeles area, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment