Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day Seven Juice and Veggie Fast

Day seven and I have to say I'm feeling great.  It gets better each day.  I was a bit concerned yesterday since I had such a very low dip in energy that I suspected I may have a bigger issue going on.   I had experienced this feeling over the last five years from time to time that I only know to call exhaustion.  I noticed that not enough sleep and poorly eating would induce it.  By poor eating, I mean times where I would try gluten to see if it just might be ok.  It never was.

Yesterday I thought that I may  just have issues with sugar - I mean an actual condition - I have always had issues with sugar.  Diabetes runs like wildfire on my Father's side of the family.  That could be a possibility.  I also wondered if I may have hypo or hyper glycemic issues.  Yesterday, I took a B Complex vitamin as I mentioned and I ate a salad and an apple.  I felt much better after the salad.

I know you may be thinking, "Of course you felt better!  You actually ate something!"  I mean, I would think that if I were reading about someone's juice fast.  The thing is, most people report that they feel better than they ever have in their life by the fifth day.  Joe Cross told me about a friend of his who juiced before, during and after the LA Marathon and made her best time ever.  So, I know it can be incredibly empowering.

Another thought is . . . perhaps I am not built for juicing alone and it's just not the best course of action for my health.  I mean I don't know what vitamins or minerals I may be deficient in and that just may be a factor here.  One thing is good, I have decided to get my blood sugar tested out to see if I do have any issues.

The long and short of it is, I feel better today as I flow into tomorrow . . . day eight!  Wow!  I can't believe how fast this is going and how much I am really enjoying this and how strange it is that I don't want to eat anything other than fruits and vegetables.  That's a surprise!

For more information of living a Delicious And Healthy life, see my website at www.DeliciousAndHealthy.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment