Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day Ten of The Juice and Veggie Fast!!!

I realize I did not post for day nine and it was THE BEST day!  I felt so much energy and clarity and was super happy and excited.  I started a new chef job that day that went very well so that had something to do with it but I largely attribute it to something, well, personal.

A dear friend reminded me of something I knew from my days in naturopathy school a dozen years ago but had conveniently forgotten - when you cleanse, you need to cleanse the whole system.  Juicing is not enough and that bowel cleansing was also called for.  I know this is a tricky subject but I have to share what happened.  So, here goes . . . 


Natural medicine teaches that all diseases start in the bowels.  The cleaner you keep your system and the more you keep it moving regularly, the better.  When I was in naturopathy school, we had to try the natural treatments that we were learning about so we could see how they worked in our own bodies.  I loves this approach as we know how well experience teaches us!  I read that bowel wash enemas of two cups of warm water in an enema bag helps to dramatically relieve sinus headaches. When I was in school, I used to get those headaches a lot so I tried this treatment and it worked!!!  It worked so well that I used that for years until I no longer got those headaches.


For this fast, my friend suggested a colonic to help move out the old waste.  I did not have any time in my schedule for that so instead, I did an enema of warm water at home.  I immediately felt GREAT!  I was lighter and had more energy and by the next morning, the muscle fatigue I got climbing the stairs and the headaches were gone!  I felt amazing! That was day nine.

This morning was a different story.  I didn't have the muscle fatigue but had a headache that I have had all day.  Darnit!  I do think the headache is more stress related from being very worried about my sick and elderly cat.  But that's another story  . . .

So, in the next couple of days, I will figure out how much this whole thing cost me and share the comparison to how much I was spending on food to see if my thoughts about juicing being more expensive than what I was already doing is a big myth or not.  I am interested to see that!

I am so glad I did this fast.  It taught me so much.  Going forward, I will be juicing more often and sharing it with others more.  I am looking forward to a full meal but am truly amazed that I was not dieing for one the whole time I was doing this.  In fact, I didn't want other things to eat (except tortilla chips the fourth day- oddly).  Joe said that what you crave during the fast is the worst thing for you.  Darn!  I eat those a whole lot.  Moderation . . .

Stay tuned!  There's more - like how I do when I return to animal proteins, nuts, seeds and sweet potatoes.

For more on living a Delicious and Healthy Life see www.deliciousandhealthy.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment