Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Join The Reboot Tomorrow - 10 Day Juice and Veggie Fast

Two of my sisters - Polly and Becky, my brother-in-law Doug and my dear friend for nearly two decades, Michelle and I are all doing a juice and veggie fast starting tomorrow (Becky starts today).  We had a conference call Friday night to talk about how we plan to go about it and we shared our personal goals for it.  We are each doing it a little differently.  Each night, we will meet via conference call and share our experiences and support one another through the fast.

Personally, I am doing it to see if it will help with hormone balancing, brain fog/forgetfulness, moodiness, night sweats,  and hot flashes due to my recent entrance into menopause.  Just posting this for the world to see brings up a lot of emotion around turning this corner in my life.  I have been without a menstrual cycle for one year and three months now.  I turn 45 next month and while I believe this is way too early for me, it is what is happening and is really up for examination at the moment.  I hope that this fast will help with lessening the symptoms as I feel my way through this time in my life.

I am in contact with Joe Cross, the film maker of the movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead who is lending advice and support to us during our fast.  If you have not seen the movie, it is a MUST SEE!!!  If you want to do your own fast, check out his websites at www.jointhereboot.com and www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

If you're interested, keep reading my posts.I know I certainly am interested to see what happens for each of us with our different goals.

For more information on living a Delicious and Healthy life, see my website at www.DeliciousAndHealthy.com   While you're on my website, check out my books too!

No comments:

Post a Comment