Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day Three And Things are Getting Better ...

Juice fast day three. Last night was just awful. I couldn't sleep, I ached in my knees, my hips and my head, I was restless and woke up every two hours. It was tough but by morning, I felt I had turned a corner. As the day progressed, I felt a little better and as I took a nap right before the conference call, my headache left completely. We had a great last minute surprise on our conference call ... Joe Cross joined us to answer questions and offer advice. He had so much great information to share. He talked about how getting our veggies in juice form is the absolute best way for the cells to absorb nutrition. It is the nutrient density of power from the sun, water and soil that creates the tremendous health value in a juice fast. He says that if you're getting fiber in smoothies, you won't have the same effect as a juice fast - that's a low calorie diet that will make you hungry while juicing does not make one hungry ... After you get over the hump anyway. One interesting thing he said is whatever you crave while on the juice fast is the worst thing for you. For me it's tortillas chips - meaning salt. I love salty and will take it over sweet any day. We all had an interesting discussion about our different cravings. I am interested to see what tomorrow brings. I have a busy day and won't be able to rest like I did the last couple of days so we shall see about the crucial day four hump! I am just grateful things are getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment